Women and Children Recovery Services
Are you ready to take control of your life following family violence? Family Life’s Women and Children Recovery Services can help you and your children recover from trauma.
The Strength 2 Strength program provides support which via counselling, therapy and trauma treatment, and our network can also help you and your child find the services you need.
Am I eligible for this program?
The Strength 2 Strength program is valuable if your:
- Child is under 12 years old, or over 12 years old with a disability
- Affected by family violence, and/or trauma symptoms
- Live, work or play in the Bayside Peninsula Region
- Ready to address your trauma issues
Before you start, we’ll conduct a quick assessment to make sure the program is right for you.
What services does the program provide?
Strength 2 Strength offers therapy services to you and your child. All our services aim to help you with understand, manage and overcome you and your child’s experiences of family violence.
As part of the program, you and your child will:
- Work with an occupational therapist
- Attend family therapy
- Meet with a psychologist
- Get counselling for sexual assault
- Be supported by social workers throughout the process
How will I benefit?
The Strength 2 Strength program provides a number of benefits to you and your child. It can help:
- You overcome your experiences of family violence
- Empower you and your child
- You make the right choices in the future
- Support your child’s development
We provide house all these programs in one place. However, if this is a problem, we can visit you at home or in the community.
If you’re worried about how your child will engage with the services, don’t be. Our therapy and counselling services are delivered in a child-friendly way.
Strength2Strength is one of our a client-led program. In other words, we’ll go at your own pace, there’s no time limit and our family counsellors can fit your busy schedule.
There is no time limit on your recovery, so we don’t set one.
Flexible – we can meet you in your home or a safe, comfortable location.
Make sure you reach out to us for an assessment. Call us on (03) 8599 5433 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org