Women and Children Recovery Services
If you or your child have been involved in family violence and want to make a start on therapeutic recovery, Family Life’s Strength 2 Strength program could be what you’re looking for. Family Life’s Women and Children Recovery Services can support you and your children recover from trauma.
The Strength 2 Strength program provides multidisciplinary support to survivors of family violence who have reached a point of stability after crisis. Where suitable, the program offers access to a: Therapeutic Intervention Practitioner, Family Therapist, Women’s Psychologist, Sexual Assault Counsellor, Occupational Therapist, Emotion Focused Therapy. The Therapeutic Intervention Practitioners will provide you with ease and help you and your child find the services you need.
Am I eligible for this program?
The Strength 2 Strength program is valuable if your:
- Child is under 12 years old, or over 12 years old with a disability
- Affected by family violence, and/or trauma symptoms
- Live, or work or play in the Bayside Peninsula Region
- Children and their mothers who have limited ability to attend centre based services.
- Out of crisis and ready to address your trauma issues.
Before you start, we will conduct a screening to make sure the program is right for you.
What services does the program provide?
Strength 2 Strength offers therapy services to you and your child. All our services aim to help you with understand, manage and overcome you and your child’s experiences of family violence.
As part of the program, you and your child will:
- Be supported by Therapeutic Intervention Practitioners throughout the process.
- The Therapeutic Intervention Practitioners will find the appropriate therapy for you and your child.
- Meet with practitioners in your home, community or in Family Life offices, wherever may offer the safest space for intervention.
How will I benefit?
The Strength 2 Strength program provides a number of benefits to you and your child. It can help:
- Support in processing past experiences
- Empower you and your child
- Support your child’s development
- Nurturing ongoing family connection
We provide all these programs in one place, or we can visit you at home or in the community.
Our therapy and counselling services are delivered in a child-friendly way.
Strength2Strength is one of our a client-led programs. Strength2Strength presents a trauma informed, child focused and person centered intervention for children and their mothers, who are survivors of family violence. The program delivers individual empowerment focused intervention with the child and their mother, dyadic work and group work.
Referrals for this program come though the partnership organisations: Family Life, SECASA, Peninsula Health, Salvation Army and Good Shepherd.
Our team will set goals with you and work with you in an appropriate time frame. We’ll go at your own pace.
Flexible – we can meet you in your home, in our offices or a safe, comfortable location.
Make sure you reach out to us for an assessment. Call us on (03) 8599 5433 or send an email to email@example.com