Breaking the cycle of adolescent violence through professional support
If your child is acting out, or using violence or abuse to intimidate or control you, it’s important to understand their behaviour and help them get back onto the right path again.
At Family life, we’re committed to family safety and helping young people thrive. Our Adolescent Violence Support program provides counselling, group work and other services to you and your child, to help you re-establish a happy home.
Is my child really violent?
There are a number of warning signs that your child is using abusive or violent behaviour.
- Hitting, punching, shoving, kicking, spitting
- Breaking and throwing things
- Abusive and bullying behaviour to siblings
- Cruelty to pets
- Verbal abuse, swearing, yelling, put downs
- Playing mind games
- Making threats to run away, hurt or kill themselves
- Demanding money or purchases you can’t afford
- Stealing money or possessions
- Incurring debts that you have to pay.
Who do I contact for assistance?
Simply reach out to Orange Door.
Orange Door provides access to women’s and children’s family violence services, child and family services, Aboriginal services and men’s family violence services.
Orange Door will assess your situation and refer you to the appropriate support services accordingly.