Putting Dads in Focus with Family Life
Family Life is committed to helping you make a positive change in your attitude, values and behaviours, including those that may lead to family violence.
Making serious, positive changes can have a lasting impact on the lives and experiences of your children and extended family. We currently offer the Dads in Focus service to help fathers understand the impact your parenting choices and behaviours have on your children and their other parent/carer.
If you’re concerned about how your behaviour is impacting your child, we encourage you to seek support NOW.
Am I eligible?
The Dads in Focus team work with fathers who:
- Live in the funded area
- Has or has had an IVO in place
- Has a history of federal or family court, or child services involvement
Dads in Focus is available to fathers who live in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula areas.
Frankston: Carrum Downs, Frankston, Frankston North, Frankston South, Karingal, Langwarrin, Langwarrin South, Sandhurst, Seaford, Skye, some areas of Pearcedale.
Mornington Peninsula: Arthurs Seat, Balnarring, Balnarring Beach, Baxter, Bittern, Blairgowrie, Boneo, Cape Schanck, Capel Sound, Crib Point, Dromana, Fingal, Flinders, Hastings, HMAS Cerberus, Main Ridge, McCrae, Merricks, Merricks Beach, Merricks North, Moorooduc, Mornington, Mount Eliza, Mount Martha, Point Leo, Portsea, Red Hill, Red hill South, Rosebud, Rye, Safety Beach, Shoreham, Somers, Somerville, Sorrento, St Andrews Beach, Tootgarook, Tuerong, Tyabb.
What will I learn?
The aim of Dads in Focus is to help fathers make positive and enduring changes. We can help you:
- Grow your parenting and co-parenting skills
- Define parenting roles
- Developing parenting plans and/or agreements
- Understand the effect violence and trauma have on you and your children
- Identify, and recover from your own experiences of trauma
- Take responsibility for your actions and behaviours
- Build on your strengths
- Access other support systems
What are the benefits?
Getting support can make a major difference in your own life as well as the lives of your family members. Some of the benefits include:
- The opportunity to develop your ability to parent positively
- Growth in your awareness of your actions and behaviours
- The ability to negotiate safe and responsible parenting roles
- Stronger family relationships
- Healthier children
- The opportunity to move past your own experience of violence and trauma
- An end to family violence
Dads in Focus program
Dads in Focus is delivered online or face to face at our Frankston location.
If you want healthier relationships, and a better future for you, your children and your partner, Dads in Focus can help.
Find out more about Dads in Focus by contacting Family Life today.
Phone: +61 3 8599 5433
Location: Level 1, 60 Wells Street, Frankston 3199