Putting Dad’s in Focus with Family Life
Family Life is committed to helping fathers make a positive change in their attitude, values and behaviours that might be leading to family violence.
Making serious changes can have a real difference to the lives and experiences of your family. We currently offer the Dad’s in Focus program that can help you understand the impact your violence has on your children and partner.
Am I eligible?
The Dad’s in Focus program is designed to work with fathers who:
- Are or have been violent towards their family
- Show signs of being violent
- Have experienced violence in their past
- Struggle with their mental health.
If you’re worried about how your violence affects your child or partner, it’s important you seek support.
What will I learn?
The aim of the program is to help fathers and their families make positive and enduring changes. We can help you:
- Grow your parenting and co-parenting skills
- Develop parenting roles and agreements
- Understand the effect violence and trauma have on your children
- Identify, and recover from your own experiences of trauma
- Take responsibility for your actions and behaviours
- Build on your strengths
- Access other support systems
What are the benefits?
Getting support can make a major difference in your own life as well as the lives of your family members. Some of the benefits include:
- Access to coaching, mentoring and motivational interviewing
- The opportunity to develop your ability to parent
- Growth in your awareness of your actions and behaviours
- An end to family violence
- Stronger family relationships
- Healthier children
Dad’s in Focus program
Family violence can be stopped, but your behaviour and attitude will need to change. If you want healthier relationships, and a better future for you, your children and your partner, our program can help.
Find out more about the Dad’s in Focus program by contacting Family Life today.