Learn what it takes to work in retail with a short course
Working in a retail store requires the right mix of skills and experience. PeopleWorx’s Ready 2 Retail course puts you in a ‘real-world’ training environment, so that you can develop the experience to be successful. Whether it’s using our digital point-of-sale system or doing stocktake, you’ll learn real skills in a real workplace.Could this benefit me?
If you find traditional classroom learning (with all its books and rote learning) difficult – or you don’t feel confident enough to find work, this course is for you.
The Ready 2 Retail program is for anyone who needs help getting the skills and work experience needed for employment or further study. We accept:
- People of all ages and backgrounds
- People with a disability or learning difficulty
- People who haven’t had the chance to learn about working in a retail environment
If you’re not sure how to get a job in retail, Ready 2 Retail is a great place to start.
What will I learn?
Alongside some simple theory, we’ll get you working in one of our opportunity shops located in Chelsea, Highett, Hampton, Cheltenham or Black Rock as well as our Moorabbin-based Warehouse.
You’ll use the latest equipment, including our new digital point-of-sale system, which can be found in most major retailers. We’ll also help you learn product knowledge skills and show you the right approach to customer service.
- Week 1: Apply OHS processes and create products for sale
- Week 2: Create products for sale
- Week 3: Create Products for sale
- Week 4: Minimise loss and maintain a secure business
- Week 5: Implement customer service practices
- Week 6: Excursion to chadstone shopping centre/mystery shopper activity
- Week 7: Operate retail technology
- Week 8: Sell products and services
- Week 9: Merchandise products and plan, create and maintain a display
- Week 10: Operate a real pop up shop
What will I get out of it?
Learning retail skills can be a major stepping stone towards further employment.
“Ready 2 Retail allows you to be on the counter, to put cash sales through, to get the real experience you need for further employment.” – Kathy
Ready 2 Retail covers the core principles of retail work like communication, customer service and teamwork. These, and the rest of the skills offered by the course, can be easily transferred to new employment or further study.
- 1 day a week for 9 weeks 10am – 2pm
- Family Life Op Shops – venues to be advised
- Future dates to be confirmed.
For further information
If you have any further enquiries, contact PeopleWorx on 8599 5433 or email us at email@example.com.