Learn how to better communicate with your adolescent
Building a strong bond with your child depends on positive and ongoing communication. But sometimes it can be hard to get through.
Working with our social enterprise Heartlinks, we offer a workshop called Communicating with your Adolescent, to help you improve how you talk and interact with your teen.
Who is the workshop for?
The Communicating with your Adolescent workshop is designed for parents who:
- Have children between 10 and 17 years old
- Struggle to connect with their adolescent children
- Are looking for ways to better communicate with their teens.
Developing better communication skills is important for all parents. Please contact us and find out if the workshop is right for you.
What will I learn?
The Communicating with your Adolescent workshop can help with how you and your child talk, listen and interact. You’ll:
- Compare communication styles with other parents
- Use personal experiences to develop your communication skills
- Develop better listening skills
- Learn how to be more assertive
- Pick up practical tools.
How can I benefit?
Communicating with your child is more than simply finding out what’s happening in their life. Learning to positively communicate with your child, can:
- Promote your child’s well-being and mental health
- Build a better relationship with your teen
- Help you connect with your child
- Encourage your child to talk with you.
The skills and knowledge you gain can help your child develop into an independent adult. You’ll be able to communicate your support and guidance in a way that works.
Communicating with your Adolescent workshop
Our social enterprise Heartlinks offers the Communicating with your Adolescent workshop. It aims to promote healthy communication with your child, and strengthen your family relationships.
Contact us to find out when the next workshop is scheduled.
$240 per person ($215 concession)
Family Life meeting room, 197 Bluff Rd, Sandringham
Limited spaces available. Maximum number of participants is 20.