Learn what it takes to a be a successful employee with PeopleWorx’s Intro to Work course
Want to find a job but just not sure how or where to start? Using a real-world training environment, PeopleWorx’s Intro to Work helps you develop the skills and experience you need to succeed in the workforce. From creating an awesome resume to learning all about work environments and teamwork, this course teaches you the basics of work.
1 day a week for 10 weeks
Family Life Warehouse, 12/94 – 102 Keys Road, Moorabbin
July 18 – 19 September 2018
Would this course benefit me?
All of our PeopleWorx programs are fully inclusive and open to anyone who is looking to learn skills important to work and further study. The Intro to Work course is especially relevant to:
- Young people aged 15-19
- Students with a disability or learning difficulty.
What will I learn?
This course is one of our most popular and for good reason. It will boost your confidence, while helping you develop the right skills needed to launch your new working life.
By using a ‘real-world’ training environment, the PeopleWorx course introduces you to all the activities you would expect to find in a real job. We cover the following:
- Week 1: Induction, OHS processes and prepare stock for sale
- Week 2-4: Prepare furniture for sale and create products for sale
- Week 5: Apply finishing techniques to products for sale
- Week 6: Introduction to job seeking
- Week 7: Introduction to customer service and perform retail operations
- Week 8: Operate retail point of sale technology and merchandising
- Week 9: Operate a pop-up Shop at the family life warehouse
- Week 10: Graduation ceremony
Each of these modules is designed to increases your employability and work readiness. You’ll learn essential skills such as teamwork, how to write a resume and health and safety basics.
How do I sign up?
Taking part in the Intro to Work program is easy. Simply click on the apply now button below, and enrol for the next available date.
For further enquiries, contact PeopleWorx on 8599 5433 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to quote the code INTRO TO WORK.