Breaking the cycle of adolescent violence through professional support
If your child is acting out, or using violence or abuse to intimidate or control you, it’s important to understand their behaviour and help them get back onto the right path again.
At Family life, we’re committed to family safety and helping young people thrive. We have a number of programs that may be able to assist. These programs will provide support to you and your family around the Adolescent Violence that may be occurring within your home. Family Life provides counselling, group work and other Integrated Family Services that you and your child may be able to access to help you re-establish a happy home.
Is my child really violent?
There are a number of warning signs that your child is using abusive or violent behaviour.
- Hitting, punching, shoving, kicking, spitting
- Breaking and throwing things
- Abusive and bullying behaviour to siblings
- Cruelty to pets.
- Verbal abuse, swearing, yelling, put downs
- Playing mind games
- Making threats to run away, hurt or kill themselves.
- Demanding money or purchases you can’t afford
- Stealing money or possessions
- Incurring debts that you have to pay.
The Orange Door will refer you to the most appropriate service. If you would like further information on counselling or parenting groups and information sessions within Family Life, please contact our office on 03 8599 5433