What is Property Family Dispute Resolution?
Separating couples often need to sort out the division of family ‘property’, which may include bank accounts, houses, superannuation, and mortgages. The Frankston Family Relationship Centre now provides Property Family Dispute Resolution services to assist separating couples to resolve their property issues so they can move on and live independently of each other.
Am I eligible for Property Family Dispute Resolution?
Family Life’s Property Family Dispute Resolution service is not appropriate for every couple separating. Outlined below are some of the eligibility criteria to access Family Life’s program;
- Only for parties who have dependent child/ren
- At least one party is living or working within the Frankston/Mornington Peninsula region of Melbourne.
- The total net value of assets held by both parties jointly and individually (excluding superannuation) is generally limited to no more than $500,000.00
- No trusts or complex business interests
- No cases solely involving division of debt
If you do not qualify due to one or more of the above, please still contact us as we may be able refer you to other services that may be able to assist, for example accessing Family Life’s Financial Counselling
How can I take part in Property Family Dispute Resolution?
Family Life’s Family Relationship Centre offers Property Family Dispute Resolution services to the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula areas.
If you would like to know more about Property Family Dispute Resolution, contact Family Life via
Phone (03) 9770 0341 to obtain our Property FDR Application Form
Application form to be completed and returned to
Our Office: Level 1, 60 Wells Street FRANKSTON VIC 3199
Via mail: Family Life Family Relationship Centre
PO BOX 11141 FRANKSTON 3199