What is Here4U?
Here4U is a program that educates people about Family Violence. It gives participants the knowledge they need to recognise when it may be occurring and how to appropriately intervene.
Why do we need Here4U?
One out of every three women experience Family Violence in Victoria, with over 76,000 incidents each year. 95 percent of perpetrators are men. It is thought that these statistics drastically under-report the extent of Family Violence.
The impact of Family Violence is complex, can be ongoing, long lasting and can affect every aspect of life.
What is the solution?
Family Life has developed a new social change behaviour program to promote gender equality and community inclusion with the goal to reduce family violence.
This program has the flexibility to be run for businesses, sporting or social organisations in a range of formats dependent on the needs of the group.
What is covered in Here4U?
Here4U has a flexible base structure, which allows it to cover a range of social inclusion issues including, but not limited to, the following:
- supporting women and children experiencing/recovering from family violence
- supporting men’s behaviour and attitude change
- engaging the broader community to challenge social norms that perpetuate violence against women
- engage the broader community in prevention of elder abuse and support people experiencing abuse
- supporting social shift towards gender equality
Heartlinks, the training and development arm of Family Life, has trained facilitators who work with individuals, organisations or community groups who wish to lead the change in their community.
To find out more about Here4U, please call (03) 8599 5488 or visit the website