Driving community change with Family Life
Are you an active community member, community leader, a change maker who influences and mobilises community to address a social issue in your community?
Do you want to create a solution to address the issue?
If so, Family Life’s, Creating Capable Leaders will support you to develop and deliver local solutions to local problems.
What is it?
Creating Capable Leaders an 8 week skills-building program for individuals looking to develop their capacity to design a solution to a local social problem.
When you take part, you’ll learn about:
- Your behaviour, communication and learning styles
- Foundations of community leadership
- Understanding community development and collective impact
- Principles community engagement and co-design
- Networking skills
- Practical application of learning through community excursions and incubation of a Community Project
- Project development and management skills
- Reflective practice and self-enquiry
- Public speaking, presentation and pitching skills.
Each module is designed to be facilitated with an understanding that participants have different learning styles, may not have attended higher education, and lack confidence about their skills and learning capabilities. The training will help participants to uncover and amplify the things they can do, and are already doing well in their lives.
On completion of the CCL we can provide 3-6 months of post-training support through coaching.
Creating Capable Leaders not only drives change within your community but also within yourself. Along the way, you’ll develop skills, knowledge, connections and build your networks to be able to make a difference.
How can I make a difference?
If you’re ready to strengthen your community and make a positive change for and with the community, contact Family Life today.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 8599 5433.