Don’t do it alone – get support through Family Life’s individual counselling services
Taking care of your health and wellbeing is important, especially if you’re dealing with your own personal problems. If you’ve been affected by family violence, are dealing with a life transition or are struggling in any other way, Family Life can support you through our counselling services.
Why should I seek counselling?
Counselling is more than just a conversation. It provides a safe space, where you can talk about – and resolve – personal issues with a professional. It can help you with:
- Relationship issues
- Life transitions
- Separation and divorce
- Adjusting to parenting
- Managing grief, loss and stress
- Mental health issues
- Family violence
- Traumatic life experiences
Attending individual counselling can help you become more self-aware, leaving you with a better understanding of yourself and your relationships. Our individual counselling service is available to everyone, no matter their age or how they identify.
How can I access individual counselling?
If you want to start feeling better about yourself, we offer two programs run by our trained counsellors:
1. Family and Relationship Services
Family and Relationship Services provide safe, government-funded services when you need it. While there is a waiting list, we can prioritise your request based on your situation.
- 50 min sessions between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Individual counselling is charged on a sliding scale based on your income. Give us a call to find out how it works.
- Sandringham – (03) 8599 5433
- Frankston – (03) 9784 0650
- If you would like to find out more, contact Family Life on (03) 8599 5433 or email email@example.com.
Heartlinks is a social enterprise which offers individual counselling and other services. Our user-pay model means there is no waiting list.
- 50 min sessions between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday and after hours appointments by arrangement.