Overcome the challenges of blended families with Family Life
Raising step-children and managing conflicts with co-parents can put a strain on any family. The Heartlinks program at Family Life runs a Successful Step Parenting and Blended Families workshop that can help you face the challenges of co-parenting in a blended family.
Who is the workshop for?
The program is specifically designed for parents with children from previous relationships who:
- Are finding it difficult to connect with step-children
- Need support to navigate the new family dynamic
- Are experiencing conflict with co-parents
The workshop covers a range of issues and challenges that blended families face. If you want to do more to ensure that your family members are pulling in the same direction, this workshop is for you.
What will I learn?
Set over a full-day, the workshop is run by an experienced family relationship practitioner. It will help you with a range of parenting and communication issues, including:
- How to understand your child’s responses to separation
- The role of new parental figures
- How to set boundaries, limits and guidelines
- How to communicate with your child
- How to manage conflict
- How to connect with stepchildren
How can I benefit?
The interactive group program will help you better parent in your blended family. It can help you:
- Be a better co-parent
- Develop positive parenting skills for blended families
- Learn how to parent effectively
- Build strong family relationships
Whether you’re looking to manage sibling rivalries, handle co-parenting responsibilities or develop a closer bond with your stepchild, we can help.
How can I sign up?
For more information or to register for this workshop visit the Heartlinks website or call Heartlinks on (03) 8599 5488 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.