Share and learn with Family Life’s Women’s Support Group
If you’ve experienced violence or abuse, it can be tough to pick yourself up and continue with your life. But it’s important to know that you’re not alone.
Family Life’s Making Choices program offers a safe space to come together with women who have gone through similar experiences. In this group, you’ll learn about:
- The effects of an abusive environment
- How your experiences have impacted you and your family
- How to recover from your experience
- How to lead an empowered and happy life
Every Wednesday for 10 weeks
Gold coin donation
Family Life, 197 Bluff Road, Sandringham
February 7th – April 11th 2018
Could this benefit me?
Sometimes it’s not clear that you’re in an abusive relationship. Other times it can be painfully obvious. That’s why knowing the signs is important. If you have experienced any of the following, we recommend you seek support:
- Have you been threatened by your partner?
- Have you been fearful of your partner?
- Has your behaviour been controlled by your partner?
- Are you finding your situation hard to escape?
What will I learn?
The Making Choices program brings together women who are or have been living in an abusive relationship. You’ll share stories and empower each other to take control of your lives. You’ll be part of a 10-week course and use art therapy to help you understand abusive behaviour and how to overcome trauma. We’ll take you through:
- Effective safety planning
- Managing self-care and self-esteem
- Setting boundaries
- Recovering from abusive relationships
What have other women said?
This course will help you rebuild your life and make healthy choices about your relationships. Other women who have taken part have told us that it helped them:
- Build self esteem and boundaries
- Understand the cycle of family violence
- Realise that they are not alone
- Understand how abuse affects people, including children
- Learn how to get their lives back on track
How can I apply?
Before you proceed, it’s important you feel comfortable hearing the personal stories of other women. If this is not an issue, feel free to give us a call to undertake a quick eligibility assessment with one of our trained workers.
If you would like more information about the program please call Family Life on 03 8599 5433 and ask to speak to Sujina. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.