ChangeMaker Professional Development Training provides professionals with oversight and understanding of the 5 pillars of Community Change work: the principles and practice that can be applied in the design and delivery of existing and new community change initiatives.
- Understanding of the principles and practice frameworks of the 5 pillars: collective impact, community engagement, collaborative leadership, community innovation, evaluating impact
- Review literature and research on each topic
- Development of leadership and change maker skills and knowledge to progress this work more confidently
- Explore the practical strategies needed to support the design and delivery of community change projects
- Understanding of problems and pitfalls associated with each element and how to address them.
What you will learn:
- Development of knowledge and understanding of the 5 Pillars (phases and stages) of community change work
- Exploration of the principles and practice necessary to design and deliver community change initiatives
- Development of skills, knowledge and qualities necessary to mobilise community change
- What to include in projects to ensure it reflects community change principles and practice. This will be done through the design of an incubator project or through an existing project participants are working on.
Best suited to:
Mid-level managers, team leaders, para professionals from community organisations and government that are keen to understand community change principles, theory and practice.
Participants may have commenced or be considering developing a community change initiative or wish to apply the theory or practice in existing projects.
Commencing: Wednesday 12th May 2021
Time: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
The course will be delivered over 6 weeks:
- 5 x interactive face to face sessions or webinars that will run for 3 hours
- 1 x small group coaching session will be offered halfway through the training for 1.30 hours
Training will be delivered online via Zoom or face to face and includes:
- digital training manual including handouts and research papers
- opportunity to participate in a small and large group discussions
- coaching session for groups of 4-5 participants.
$700 AUD (excl. GST) Early bird – register prior to 19th April 2021.
$800 AUD (excl. GST) thereafter.
Acceptance into this program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers.