Be part of transforming lives for stronger communities.
● Work locally in the Bayside Area and make a difference within the Community
● Enjoy the benefits of flexible work through our Hybrid Working Model
● Full Time or Part Time (34.2hours per week), Fixed term to June 2023
● Sandringham/Frankston locations and remote/online work required
● Level 6 SCHADS, $94,749.20 pa. plus Superannuation and Salary Packaging
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services provider that has worked with children, families and communities for more than 50 years. At Family Life, we believe every child deserves to thrive in a safe and healthy family environment. Our vision is to work with clients and partners to create capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
We are known for our innovation, impact and whole-of-community collective impact approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist family violence program.
The program provides specialist family violence responses, including services for victim/survivors of family violence, and accountability, behaviour change services for perpetrators, including individual and group work.
The service is delivered through centre bases sessions at the Frankston, Sandringham sites and other Family Life sites where appropriate.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our Ideal Candidate will have;
- Tertiary qualifications (Degree minimum level) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy or related field.
- Meet the Mandatory Minimum qualifications as per Rec 209 https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to maintain a high level of performance and innovation.
- Experience in the provision of supervision and operational responsibility to a large team, including responding to requirements for risk management.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee a large number of client services, including groups, individual and family services.
- Demonstrated ability in managing team dynamics and change.
- Demonstrated Family Violence knowledge and experience.
- An understanding of Family Law – both State and Federal.
- The ability to identify and respond to service gaps.
- Proven experience in the management/co-ordination of team projects.
- The ability to work independently and engage with relevant stakeholders
- Fluency in a second language, other than English, is advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- Flexible work hours/working from home where possible
- Salary packaging (up to an extra $18,000 in tax-free pay per year)
- Paid Wellbeing Leave
- Paid Study Leave
- Additional Purchased Annual Leave
- Home office equipment provided by Family Life to support Hybrid Working
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
How to Apply
For a full position description please click here.
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information regarding the position please contact Vivian Nguyen,Team Leader, Family Safety– at Family Life on (03) 8599 5433.
Applications close: Wednesday 24 August 2022
*We will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close soon if we find the right candidate. Please apply now to ensure you do not miss out!!
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check, Police Records Check and COVID vaccination certificate. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the position criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Family LIfe is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.