Family Life – Transforming lives for stronger communities
- Work locally and make a difference within the Community
- Flexible work options and a great team culture
- Full-time, Fixed-term opportunity
- Level 6 SCHADS Award $102,554.40 per annum + Generous Salary Packaging + Super
Family Life is a recognised Employer of Choice. Work with us and be part of our supportive, people-focused culture
Our Men’s Behaviour Change Program has expanded and we want you to be a part of our Men’s Support Services team.
The program provides Specialist Family Violence responses, that utilise strength-based and trauma-informed approaches to support behavioural change in Adults Using Family Violence (AUFV).
The service is delivered through online and centre based group and individual sessions, at our Frankston and Sandringham sites, and other Family Life sites where required (Moorabbin, Dandenong and Ringwood), and remotely.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Co-facilitating Men’s Behaviour Change groups, including after-hours group facilitation.
- Providing individual counselling and case coordination services to men and their families.
- Delivering the Dad’s in Focus program, using a parenting lens to assist fathers who have used family violence, to gain awareness of the impact their violence has had on their children and working with them to achieve behaviour change.
- Conducting on-going risk assessments and developing safety plans to mitigate risk and ensure safety.
- Ensuring that the needs and safety of the families take priority at all times.
- Delivering services to quality standards, complying with relevant legislation and contractual requirements.
- Maintaining professional documentation and administrative systems according to program and legislative requirements, including planning and documentation of group and education programs.
- Attending regular reflective practice groups, which explores the role privilege plays with particular reference to sexism across the Family Violence and Family Services sector.
- May be required to conduct professional intake and assessment for men who have used family violence.
- Other duties as directed by the Team Leader or Program Manager, Men’s Support Services.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are Bachelor qualified in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy or a related field and have significant experience co-facilitating Men’s Behaviour Change Programs. You have a sound knowledge of the complexities of family violence and working with Adults Using Family Violence (AUFV) and have the proven ability to coordinate and oversee a case-load of AUFV.
Please note that you must meet the Mandatory Minimum qualifications as per Rec 209 to be considered for this role https://www.vic.gov.au/mandatory-minimum-qualifications-specialist-family-violence-practitioners
Who we are
At Family Life, we believe every child deserves to thrive in a safe and healthy family environment. Family Life is a specialist family services provider that has worked with children, families and communities for more than 50 years. Our vision is to work with clients and partners to create capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
We are known for our innovation and whole-of-community collective impact approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships. We are proudly purpose-driven, independent and not for profit. We support our community through our specialist family services, community strengthening programs, a network of op shops, a vibrant engaged volunteer community and passionate skilled staff.
Working at Family Life is more than just a job
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the community in which you live a better place and working with others who feel the same way.
Additionally, you will have access to:
- Flexible work options and a great team culture
- Salary packaging (receive up to an extra $18,500 in tax-free pay per year)
- Paid Wellbeing Leave
- Paid Study Leave
- Additional Paid Leave for End of Year Closedown
- Purchased Annual Leave Scheme
- Rostered Day Off Scheme for Eligible Employees
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service for employees
How to Apply
A full position description please click here.
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria via our Application Portal.
For further information regarding the position please contact Emmeline, Team Leader Men’s Support Services on (03) 8599 5433.
Applications close: 23 February 2024
*We will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate. Please apply now to ensure you do not miss out!
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check and Police Records Check. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the position criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.