Family Life – Transforming lives for stronger communities
- Work locally in the Bayside Area and make a difference within the Community
- Enjoy the benefits of flexible work through our Hybrid Working Model
- Full-time Fixed-term opportunity until 24 December 2026
- Level 7 SCHADS Award $110,912.88 FTE + Generous Salary Packaging + Super
- Frankston & Sandringham Family Life offices
Family Life is a recognised Employer of Choice. Work with us and be part of our supportive, people-focused culture
This is an exciting opportunity to join Family Life on a fixed-term contract (to 24 December 2026) as a Psychologist in the Strength2Strength team. This role is based between Family Life’s Frankston and Sandringham locations. Given this role will primarily work with females who have experienced family violence, we respectfully ask that applicants who identify as male not apply for this role. We encourage male applicants to consider other job openings with Family Life. Under the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 there are exceptions in employment and sex which makes it lawful to discriminate under particular circumstances.
The Psychologist works as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing outreach and centre based services to address the effects of ongoing exposure to family violence, and assist families to achieve safety and stability.
The Psychologist offers trauma informed counselling and psychological interventions to children, adolescents and/or their parents experiencing mental health, relational or behavioural related challenges due to experiences of trauma and abuse. The Psychologist works collaboratively alongside other members of the multidisciplinary team for best outcomes for a whole-of-family therapeutic approach.
Key Responsibility Areas
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working effectively and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver evidence-based, trauma informed psychological services to women, children and their families impacted by family violence and support the innovation of service responses and sector reform.
- Delivering effective therapy for children and adolescents affected by family violence and their parents.
- Managing a caseload of clients, as well as providing support and assistance to co-workers on their cases.
- Working flexibly across a range of service delivery sites, including the provision of outreach support to enhance service accessibility.
- Performing other partnership related tasks as required to assist the program in meeting its contractual and compliance obligations including group facilitation as related to the position/program needs.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a skilled, passionate female Psychologist who embodies the Family Life Way principles to deliver trauma informed support to our clients and achieve positive outcomes for communities. If you have skills and expertise working in the Family Violence space and a passion for improving the lives of women and children who have experienced family violence, then we would love to hear from you!
Who we are
At Family Life, we believe every child deserves to thrive in a safe and healthy family environment. Family Life is a specialist family services provider that has worked with children, families and communities for more than 50 years. Our vision is to work with clients and partners to create capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
We are known for our innovation and whole-of-community collective impact approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships. We are proudly purpose-driven, independent and not for profit. We support our community through our specialist family services, community strengthening programs, a network of op shops, a vibrant engaged volunteer community and passionate skilled staff.
Working at Family Life is more than just a job
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the community in which you live a better place and working with others who feel the same way.
Additionally, you will have access to:
- Flexible work options and a great team culture
- Salary packaging (receive up to an extra $18,000 in tax-free pay per year)
- 3 days Paid Wellbeing Leave per year (pro rata)
- Gifted Leave for End of Year closedown
- Paid Study Leave
- Additional Purchased Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service for employees
How to Apply
A full position description please click here.
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria via our Application Portal.
For further information regarding the position please contact Amarlie Lilley, Team Leader Family Safety & Wellbeing on 0499656203.
Applications close: 28th February 2024
*We will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate. Please apply now to ensure you do not miss out!
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check and Police Records Check. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the position criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.