Be part of transforming lives for stronger communities
- 1 x Full Time, Permanent (Moorabbin), 1 x Full Time, Fixed Term until June 2022 (Frankston)
- $92,964.16 – $96,804.24 per annum (depending on skills and experience) plus superannuation
- Frankston or Moorabbin Magistrates’ Court of Victoria with travel to other sites (Currently based remotely and at the Family Life site offices)
Join Family Life as our Specialist MBCP Intake Worker and be part of an organisation that allows you to prioritise your health and wellbeing within a supportive, people-focused culture.
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services organisation known for its innovation, impact and whole-of-community approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.
.We have 2 x Full Time MBCP Intake Worker roles available, 1 x Permanent and 1 x Fixed Term Until June 2022, the roles will based at either Moorabbin or Frankston Magistrates’ Court of Victoria. However in the short-term they will be based at the relevant Family Life site and remote working.
The Specialist MBCP Intake Worker will establish and maintain close working relationships within the Family Safety team, the Specialist Family Violence Court (SFVC) workforce and wider Magistrates’ Court of Victoria (MCV) staff. Through these effective relationships the Specialist MBCP Intake Worker will work towards ongoing risk assessment, perpetrator risk management, perpetrator accountability, behaviour change objectives and victim survivor safety.
A day in the life of this position includes:
- Attending and participating in meetings with SFVC and MSV staff
- Providing information to eligible respondents about the MBCP
- Conducting the initial intake assessment for the MBCP
- Liaising with other court staff, Victoria Police and support services
- Capturing and maintaining secure client demographic, and program participation records.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a skilled, passionate individual who embodies the Family Life Way principles to deliver trauma informed support to our clients and achieve positive outcomes for communities. If you have skills and expertise working in the Family Violence space and a passion for working with men who have used violence to support them to achieve positive behaviour change, and ultimately prevent future violence, then we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
- Flexible work hours/working from home where possible
- Salary packaging (up to an extra $18,000 in tax-free pay per year)
- Paid Wellbeing Leave
- Paid Study Leave
- Gifted Leave at Christmas
- Additional Purchased Annual Leave
- Access up to $450 in funding towards setting up your home office with Family Life office equipment
- Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
How to Apply
For a full position description please visit the Family Life careers page at Click here.
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information regarding the position please contact Steve Smith, Manager, Men’s Behaviour Change Program (CMCOP) on (03) 8599 5433.
Applications close: 2nd January 2022*
**We will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate. Please apply now to ensure you do not miss out!!
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check, Police Records Check and COVID vaccination certificate. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the position criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Family LIfe is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.