Transforming lives for stronger communities.
- Provide early intervention therapeutic support to children to promote confidence and wellbeing
- Work your own hours, attractive hourly rate
- Be supported by a large, multidisciplinary, family focused organisation
- Consulting suites in Frankton and Sandringham
Join Family Life and be part of an organisation that allows you to prioritise your health and wellbeing within a supportive, people-focused culture.
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services provider that has worked with children, families and communities for more than 50 years. At Family Life, we believe every child deserves to thrive in a safe and healthy family environment. Our vision is to work with clients and partners to create capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
We are looking for skilled, passionate individuals who embody the Family Life Way principles to deliver therapeutic support to children, primarily under the age of 12, but up to 18 who may have been impacted by COVID-19. Supporting these children to overcome any emerging mental health difficulties including; isolation, anxiety, relationship difficulties, or any other challenges that COVID-19 may have raised.
Our Ideal Candidate
The Therapist roles are all contractor positions with access to both our Sandringham and Frankston consulting suites. Therapists will offer online and face to face therapeutic services to clients.
To promote accessibility, it is a requirement to be registered (or have capability to register prior to commencement) with the Better Access Scheme.
What is Heartlinks?
Heartlinks is a recently established social enterprise of Family Life, created as a multidisciplinary, fee for service practice, focused on providing wrap-around support to families, couples and individuals in the Bayside and Mornington Peninsula areas. All profits from Heartlinks’ services are invested back into the provision of free programs and services to transform the lives of children, young people and families in our community.
Currently our team is primarily supporting children referred by South East Melbourne Primary Health Network (SEMPHN) who have been impacted by COVID-19, however, there is a growing demand to expand into fee for service support for community members experiencing a wide range of complexities; including individual sessions, couples work and family sessions. Heartlinks is a developing space and we are eager to get skilled practitioners on board.
What we offer
As a social enterprise, Heartlinks offers you the opportunity to be part of a private practice with a difference. In exchange for our practice model we offer:
- Inviting and well appointed consulting rooms in Sandringham and Frankston
- A wide variety of clients and an opportunity to develop your skills with a focus on strengthening families
- Flexible working hours and days
- The option of providing telehealth and face-to-face services
- The option to access Family Life’s quality assurance processes, including our practice standards, client management system, practice management system and tele-health platform
- Access to monthly facilitated reflective practice sessions
- Reception and administrations support, including bookings, payment processing and enquiries
- A structured approach to building the practice with support provided
How to Apply
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing why you are applying and the skills you will bring to the service via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the requirements of the role will not be considered.
For further information please contact Luke, Team Manager on (03) 8599 5433.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
All contracts are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check, Police Records Check and Proof of Covid Vaccination. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible to work with Family Life.
Applications will be accessed as they are received, don’t delay submitting your application, apply now so you don’t miss out!