Be part of transforming lives for stronger communities
- Part-time, 12 month fixed term contract (4 days per week)
- $90,441 – $94,433 plus superannuation (pro rata, negotiable depending on skills and experience)
- Sandringham, with some travel to other sites
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services organisation known for its innovation, impact and whole-of-community approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships.
Family Life is a growing organisation that is recognised for its innovative approach and has been named in the Top 10 Give Easy Innovation Index for 2018 and 2019. Family Life has also been awarded an Australian Crime Prevention Award for Meaningful Community Change for leading the ‘Together We Can’ collective impact project which saw a significant drop in reported incidents of family violence over the life of the project in Cardinia Shire.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a skilled, passionate individual who embodies the Family Life Way principles to achieve positive outcomes for our volunteers, organisation and our communities.
What we offer
Family Life team members have access to generous employee benefits including salary packaging, flexible work arrangements (including RDO’s and Purchased Leave), EAP services, and training and professional development opportunities.
The Volunteer Engagement Lead is a part-time, contract position based at Family Life’s Sandringham site, responsible for providing supervision to the Volunteer team. This position will coordinate the development and implementation of a volunteer strategy that enhances the volunteer experience through effective recruitment, induction and engagement frameworks. The key objective of the position is to grow Family Life’s volunteer workforce, streamline processes through effective CRM implementation, and drive positive volunteer engagement with a view to improving our customer and community service focus and community profile.
A day in the life of this position includes:
- Coordinating initiatives to grow community engagement through volunteering;
- Working with Family Life teams across the organisation to identify opportunities for volunteering and developing volunteer position descriptions;
- Coordinating volunteer recruitment, selection and induction activities;
- Enhancing volunteer end to end processes through the effective utilisation of Salesforce;
- Meeting with volunteers in the field to develop positive and productive relationships;
- Contributing to the development of volunteer communication material;
- Producing volunteer metrics;
- Proactively addressing and managing volunteer concerns and issues; and
- Supporting the volunteer team and other key internal stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and dedicated Volunteer professional, who has extensive experience working with volunteer groups.
How to apply
For a full position description please click here.
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information regarding the position please contact Lea Jaensch or Alida Williams, Marketing and Communications Managers on 8599 5433 from 11 January.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the position criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check and Police Records Check. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life.
Applications close: Tuesday 26 January 2021*
*We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted if the role is filled before 24 January the advertisement will close early. Please apply now to ensure you do not miss out!