- Part-time (30 hours/4 days per week) until June 2019
- Cheltenham location
- Salary packaging available
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Child & Family Team and utilise your passion and experience to make a difference in providing a safe and stable environment for these children, and be rewarded by seeing young people and families experience growth and change.
About Family Life
Family Life is an independent, entrepreneurial community service organisation, offering a range of services, support and community building services. Family Life’s work is acknowledged at all government levels for our innovation, impact and whole of community approach. Priority is given to vulnerable families, children and young people.
Family Life is a centre of research, knowledge and innovation delivering measurable social change and impact. We contribute to national and international knowledge through our reputation for changing lives by effective connection, care and transformation.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people including the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and young people, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children and young people, gender and sexually diverse children and young people and children and young people with a disability.
About the Position
The Integrated Family Services Program is an initiative to provide an enhanced response to families with significant needs who have children under the age of 18 years old and to strengthen the capacity of families to provide a safe, nurturing and stable environment for their children. The Integrated Family Services Program operates in the Bayside Peninsula Region.
You will provide professional supervision and support the continuous improvement and development of the team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience leading a team to maintain a high level of performance and innovation.
- Experience in providing professional supervision, training and performance management for practitioners trained in social work, psychology, family therapy and community development.
- Experience in working with families where there are risk and protective concerns and complex needs.
- Direct experience in risk assessment and management of risk due to family violence.
- Experience working with children and their families using a family inclusive and community based approach.
- Direct experience delivering successful goal oriented services with families subject to statutory Child Protection intervention.
- Involvement in evidence based practice development, social innovation and continuous learning.
How to Apply
For a position description please click here
Please email your confidential application which includes a resume and a covering letter addressing the ‘About You’ section, to email@example.com.
Applicants who do not meet this criteria will not be considered.
Further enquiries can be directed to Citshela, Program Manager, Child, Youth & Family Services on (03) 8599 5433.
Family Life values diversity amongst its workforce and welcomes applicants who meet the job criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Applications close: 6 December 2018