Be part of transforming lives for stronger communities.
- Multiple fixed term contract positions until 30 June 2021 (with the possibility of extension subject to funding)
- Supportive, flexible team culture
- $82,774.64 – $94,433.04 plus superannuation (negotiable depending on skills and experience)
- Remote work, with some Sandringham and Frankston based service delivery
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services organisation known for its innovation, impact and whole-of-community approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for skilled, passionate graduates who embody the Family Life Way, to deliver trauma informed support to our clients and achieve positive outcomes for communities.
The Practitioner Position
As we know, 2020 was a tough year all round and our community has been impacted by COVID-19 in a way that we haven’t seen before, and demand for our services has increased significantly.
We want to support as many families as we can through this, but we need additional resources to help provide men’s family violence responses and therapeutic family services to our community.
Practitioners will be engaged on fixed term contracts until 30 June 2021 (with the possibility of extension subject to funding).
A Day in the life of a Family Life Practitioner
Here’s what a typical day might include:
- Working as part of a team, to provide intake and assessment services to individuals and families;
- Providing case management support and and undertaking quality case noting;
- Conducting risk assessments, and developing case plans and safety plans to mitigate risk to individuals and families;
- Providing effective counselling interventions for men and women who have perpetrated or experienced family violence;
- Undertaking group facilitation;
- Participating in clinical supervision (both individual and group) by actively giving and receiving feedback; and
- Coordinating and conducting Care Team Meetings with stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for passionate Practitioners to join the Family Life team and affect real change in the community! If this sounds like you, we would love to receive your application!
How to Apply
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and 1 page cover letter outlining why you are a strong fit for the practitioner position via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the requirements of the role will not be considered.
For further information please contact Sam Caton, People and Culture Administrator: 0429 189 firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check and Police Records Check. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible to work with Family Life.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and suitable candidates will be contacted for phone screening.