Be part of transforming lives for stronger communities.
- Full time, permanent
- Strong professional development focus
- Supportive, flexible culture
- Sandringham and Frankston location, with some travel to other sites
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services organisation known for its innovation, impact and whole-of-community approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships.
Family Life is a growing organisation that is recognised for its innovative approach and has been named in the Top 10 Give Easy Innovation Index for 2018 and 2019. Family Life has recently been awarded an Australian Crime Prevention Award for Meaningful Community Change for leading the ‘Together We Can’ collective impact project which saw a significant drop in reported incidents of family violence over the life of the project in Cardinia Shire.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for skilled, passionate graduates who embody the Family Life Way, to deliver trauma informed support to our clients and achieve positive outcomes for communities.
The Graduate Position
Family Life is a member of the Bayside Peninsula Integrated Family Violence Partnership, which coordinates an integrated system response to the issue of family violence. The Graduate Social Work Program Model has been developed in response to the identified need to recruit and retain suitably qualified employees in the Bayside Peninsula area.
The Family Life Graduate Program is designed for Graduate Social Workers to work with experienced Family Life Practitioners to build and develop their specialty practice knowledge and skills in the area of family violence.
Graduate Practitioners will be engaged on a permanent employment contract, and participate in a structured 12 month program with a focus on practice development, providing participants with ongoing opportunities to learn, grow and be challenged, whilst sharing their thoughts and ideas.
What we offer
Family Life team members have access to generous employee benefits including salary packaging, flexible work arrangements (including Rostered Day Off and Purchased Leave schemes), Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services, clinical supervision and training and professional development opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Family Life Graduate:
No day will ever be the same in this varied role! Here’s what a typical day might include:
- Working as part of a team, to provide intake and assessment services to individuals and families;
- Providing case management support and and undertaking quality case noting;
- Conducting risk assessments, and developing case plans and safety plans to mitigate risk to individuals and families;
- Under supervision, providing effective counselling interventions for men and women who have perpetrated or experienced family violence;
- Under supervision, undertaking group facilitation;
- Participating in clinical supervision (both individual and group) by actively giving and receiving feedback;
- Attending reflective practice sessions and complex case panels;
- Participating in graduate program professional development activities including a community of practice program, bringing together graduates from other local organisations.
- Coordinating and conducting Care Team Meetings with stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate Graduate Practitioner to join the Family Life team!
Do you want to make a genuine impact? Careers at Family Life are an exciting and valuable opportunity to affect real change in your community. When you work at Family Life, you will be part of a centre of research, knowledge and innovation that is focused on delivering measurable change and collective impact.
If this sounds like you, we would love to receive your application!
How to Apply
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing why you are applying for the Family Life Graduate Program, and the key skills you would bring to this role via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the requirements of the role will not be considered.
For further information please contact Sam Caton, People and Culture Administrator: 0429 189 firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check and Police Records Check. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible to work with Family Life.
Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life or Taskforce.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 30 October 2020