Be part of transforming lives for stronger communities
- Full Time, permanent position
- Executive opportunity at a strategic and innovative Community Based organisation
- Generous salary packaging
- Sandringham/Frankston and remote with some travel to other sites
Who we are
Family Life is a specialist family services organisation known for its innovation, impact and whole-of-community approach. Our teams are committed to transforming the lives of our clients and communities to build resilience and healthy relationships.
Family Life is a child safe organisation. We value, respect and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people. Family Life supports children to meet their potential and thrive. We do not tolerate neglect, mistreatment or abuse of any kind.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a skilled, passionate individual who embodies the Family Life Way principles to join our Executive Leadership team and support the delivery of trauma informed care to our clients and achieve positive outcomes for communities.
What we offer
Family Life team members have access to generous employee benefits including salary packaging, flexible work arrangements (including Rostered Day Off and Purchased Leave schemes), Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services, and training and professional development opportunities.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a Full Time, Permanent role undertaking a combination of remote and site based work.
A key Executive Team member, the position is paramount in providing strategic leadership for Family Life’s corporate and financial governance. The Senior Executive position will lead the Finance, Social Enterprise, Corporate and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) team, to ensure the current and future capacity of Family Life to deliver on our operational and strategic plans.
A day in the life of this position includes:
● Provide thorough financial advice, analysis and recommendations to the CEO and Board.
● Coach and mentor line reports to grow capability to deliver results in their respective portfolios.
● Increase the financial capability of the organisation.
● Partner with internal stakeholders to develop budgets, monitor program income and expenditure.
● Manage and deliver strategic projects to outcomes, targets, timelines and budget.
● Create and drive a culture of transformation and collaboration.
● Develop sound business plans and educate leaders in utilising a business decision and financial modelling frameworks.
● Explore and recommend opportunities that will deliver efficiencies, reduce costs, enhance service delivery capability and drive new ways of working.
● Oversee effective procurement, asset management and corporate contracts to ensure efficient organisational operations.
● Collaborating with Family Life’s Social Enterprise team to deliver community outcomes and financial return that can be re-invested in the community.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Finance professional to join the Family Life team! Are you an experienced CFO looking for your next opportunity in a values based organisation? Do you enjoy leading in an agile, fast paced environment where you can drive operational and strategic financial initiatives? If this sounds like you, please apply now!
How to apply
Please submit your confidential application including a CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria via our Application Portal. Please note: applicants who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information regarding the position please contact Eleanor Muscat, People & Culture Manager on 0411 381 708.
Family Life values diversity and welcomes applicants who meet the position criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
All offers of employment are subject to the Family Life Safety Screening process, including a Working with Children Check and Police Records Check. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with Family Life.
Applications close: 5pm on Friday 14 May 2021