- Varying Hours of work – up to 15 hours per week
- Black Rock Based with a requirement to work across other Family Life Opportunity Shops as required
- Must be available to work on Weekends when required
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and friendly retail professional to join the Family Life Social Enterprise team as a Casual Retail Assistant.
About Family Life
Family Life is an independent, entrepreneurial community service organisation, offering a range of programs, support and community building services. Family Life’s work is acknowledged at all government levels for our innovation, impact and whole of community approach. Priority is given to vulnerable families, children and young people. Since its foundation in 1970 volunteers and community supporters have played a crucial role in the organisation.
Family Life is a youth and child safe organisation. We value, respect, and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people including the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and young people, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children and young people, gender and sexually diverse children and young people and children and young people with a disability.
About The Position
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for performing day to day shop duties in a timely and professional manner. Duties will consist of store opening/closing when required, providing exceptional customer service, cash handling/EFTPOS transactions, daily banking when required, sorting/pricing/merchandising of goods, general shop housekeeping and following shop OHS requirements.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the General Retail Industry Award 2010. The Casual Retail Assistant position is classified at Level 4 with an ordinary hourly rate of $22.04 per her. Casual and weekend loadings will apply.
You will possess the following:-
- A minimum of one year retail experience
- Proven experience in driving sales to achieve set targets
- Digital point of sale system experience and cash handling experience
- An understanding of retail OHS requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a diverse group of people
- Previous experience in the provision of working with, and supporting volunteers
Demonstrated sensitivity and respect for diversity and differences in clients, staff and volunteers.
- Possess a general awareness and knowledge of community needs
- Excellent customer service and rapport building skills
- Possess a mature and professional approach to customers, employees and volunteers
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of programs, OHS requirements and the Trades Practices Act
The Casual Retail Assistant will be predominantly be based at our Black Rock Shop, and will be required to work across all of Family Life’s Opportunity Shops including Cheltenham, Hampton, Chelsea, and Highett when required. Hours of work will vary from week to week and the Casual Retail Assistant must be available to work on weekends when required.
How to Apply
For a position description please click here
Please email your confidential application along with a resume and a covering letter addressing the “About You” Criteria, to email@example.com.
Further enquiries can be directed to Allie, Acting Retail Operations Manager on (03) 8599 5433.
Family Life values diversity amongst its workforce and welcomes applicants who meet the job criteria, irrespective of race and ethnicity, colour, age, gender, gender identity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
Applications close: Friday 23rd November at 5.00pm 2018.